(Registered charity no: 1156646)
Alfe's Cause have two main aims:
To support Northamptonshire families whose child has a long term illness, including all childhood cancers, by arranging and funding monthly activity meetings.
To raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of childhood cancer within Northamptonshire.
In partnership with national charity Be Child Cancer Aware we are inviting all schools, early years settings, GP surgeries, children’s centres and libraries in the county to have access to the information cards compiled by Be Child Cancer Aware.
To contact Alfe's Cause please email Karen at: email@example.com or telephone: 0781 8823099.
When funds allow Alfe's Cause also provide small one off grants, arrange gifts or purchase items for children and their families.
- We have bought a Dyson for a parent whose child was diagnosed with Leukaemia.
- A bed for a child diagnosed with pleuropulmonary blastoma (lung cancer.)
- Paid for a sibling of a child with cancer to go and see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with their mum.
- Arranged for Tom Daley to send signed merchandise to a child in remission from a rhabdomyosarcoma tumour.
- Arranged for a child with DIPG (inoperable brain tumour) to receive signed merchandise from Gruffalo creator, Julia Donaldson.
- Provided a grant to cover petrol costs for a family whose child had Leukaemia to be able to go on holiday.
- Arranged for a child to meet Dame Helen Mirren performing as the Queen.
- Arranged for a child to meet Willy Wonka.
- Provided a grant to be put towards building materials for a child to have a summerhouse built.
- Purchased a sun shade for a child who had heptoblastoma (liver cancer.)
- Provided a grant to be put towards a tandem bike for a child who has McCune Albright Syndrome, Polyostotic Fibrous Dysplasia.
- Donated money to a boy with a brain tumour to go to America for Proton Therapy.
- Arranged for fees to be subsidised for 6 children to have fortnightly pony riding sessions to support their mobility.
- Provided a grant for a family whose child is waiting for a bone marrow transplant to help towards their travel and living expenses whilst going back and forth to hospital.